Thursday, August 21, 2014

Repost; 

HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE

My wife and I we're so privileged to mentor 7 couples last night on how to strengthen their marriage. We opened the floor for them to ask questions, so we can be able to directly address their concerns. One question that really caught my attention was, "If there is only one thing that you can teach us, what would it be?"

It made me ponder for a few seconds until I remembered what one of my mentors taught me during my early years of marriage.

"IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER HOW RIGHT I AM, IF EVER I HURT MY WIFE'S FEELING, I'M ALREADY WRONG."

It is not proving that you are right and she is wrong, it is the manner of correction.
Did you correct her in love or in anger?
Did you belittle or humiliate her in the process?
Did she feel encouraged or feel embarrassed?

The moment I offend my wife, I am already not fulfilling what God called me to do.

“Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them” (Colossians 3:19).

This is the mandate that God has called us to do as men, to love them unconditionally just as God love us. He does not judge us but always gives us the benefit of the doubt. God is not harsh by blaming us when we make mistakes.

God never says, "I told you so." "It's all your fault." "You deserve what you get." "You never listen."
Instead God says. "I love you." "I forgive you." "Come to me if you are heavily burden & I will give you rest."

“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers” (1 Peter 3:7).

We have to be considerate with our wives feelings.
Women think with their feelings not only with their minds.
So we have to be careful of what we say as men.
They may forget what we said, but they will never forget how we made them feel.

We have to treat our wives with honor and respect.
We should never take them for granted.
You will never appreciate something valuable until such time you lose it.
Never wait for the day, that you will lose your wife's love and respect.
If that time comes, it might be too difficult for you to restore it.

We should play the role of the protector since husbands are ordained by God to be the leader.
As a leader we got to learn how to lead our partner in love not in fear; in inspiration not through intimidation; in motivation not manipulation.

The relationship between a husband and a wife is meant to be one of love, respect, and support. They are to help each other. God put you together to COMPLETE not to COMPETE with one another. Your goal is to ENCOURAGE not to HURT one another. To bring the BEST in each but not the WORST of each other.

My prayer is that this short blog will encourage you to love your wife more and be sensitive to her feelings and her needs. In return, you will live a blessed, happy and peaceful life.

Just like as the old saying goes, "Happy wife is equivalent to happy life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE TO YOUR FRIEND

SHARE TO YOUR FRIEND

Popular Posts

traffic feed